Job Opening for Customer Service and Information Coordinator
CAC is seeking a culturally competent full-time Customer Service/Information Coordinator who is committed to social justice principles. The Coordinator will join our team of dedicated professionals, oversee the daily operations of the CAC front desk, including but not limited to supervision and coordination of reception and information volunteers.
We are looking for a team player, someone who works well with others, has a strong work ethic, strong people skills, is detail oriented, flexible and is a forward and creative thinker. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who has a heart to serve those in our community and show care, compassion and concern for people in need and must be committed to treating all community members with respect.
Applicants should have relevant professional or volunteer experience, an ability to work and communicate effectively in a collaborative environment, work effectively with managers, co-workers, members of the public and professional groups. Consistently demonstrate positive/proactive customer service attitude. Consistently maintains ethical behaviors exemplary of quality public service and fair standards, inclusively, among all employees and members of the public as well as experience and competence working in diverse ethnic communities and with groups of diverse socioeconomic backgrounds.
CAC was founded in 1987 to respond to requests for emergency assistance from neighbors in need with a mission to bring together the Sandy Springs and Dunwoody communities to provide compassionate assistance for neighbors in need by providing financial support, helping to meet basic needs and promoting self-reliance.
• Responsible front desk operations
• Administers the creation, reproduction, security, maintenance, and use of all client records and databases.
Reports to Assistance Coordinator
• Manage CAC reception area.
• Supervise volunteers / interns assigned to reception area.
• Manage and coordinate appointment system for all CAC programs
• Greet and direct all visitors, including donors, volunteers and clients.
• Provide referrals to those who do not meet CAC qualifying criteria.
• Ensure completion of paperwork, sign in and security procedures.
• Handle special administrative projects, as well as overflow work from programs and administration.
• Answer incoming calls and retrieve messages.
• Route phone calls
• Supply information to callers
• Relay messages and announce visitors.
• Operate basic office equipment.
• Operate computer to access e-mail, electronic calendars, and other basic office support software.
• Other administrative duties as assigned.
• Helps establishes policies and procedures for document development, retention, and disposition. Determines records identification system for information management storage and retrieval. Suggests records formats and storage methods. Confers with management regarding records management needs.
• Plans gathering, recording, processing, editing, retrieving, maintaining and distributing data and information including reports.
• Safeguards the organization from liability due to unauthorized records release; supervises work activities to ensure safe work practices, work quality, accuracy and confidentiality.
• Maintains CAC computer databases. Including Database, Client Track, Content Central and Excel for clients and Exceed for volunteers and donors.
• Develops implements and maintains records procedures manual.
• Applies federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations related to the gathering, maintenance and release of information; assists in handling the more complex and difficult situations involving interpretation of regulations and operating procedures; keeps current on and implements new regulations, statutes and records technology; acts as the department’s custodian of records; confers with information systems staff and vendors to develop applications or modify existing ones.
• Participates in the training, and evaluation of assigned records personnel; provides or coordinates appropriate staff training, including mandated training and identification of training opportunities and needs for training and makes recommendations to management; maintains required training files; works with employees to correct deficiencies; recommends discipline and termination procedures.
• Participates in the evaluation, development, implementation, and interpretation of information and data policies and procedures.
• Serves as primary contact and liaison for assigned functions and programs with other departments and staff, the general public, and outside agencies and organizations concerning record keeping and information.
• Prepares statistical and/or analytical reports on operations as necessary.
• Initiates, organizes, maintains, and controls access to complex filing systems and records including highly sensitive files; conducts periodic retention and purging of files in compliance with applicable guidelines.
• Utilizes various computer applications and software packages to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports.
• Participates in special projects as assigned.
• Establishes positive working relationships with representatives of community organizations, state/local agencies and associations, management and staff, and the public using principles of good customer service.
• Performs related duties as required.
• Coordinates collection and preparation of operation reports; maintains and generates reports from a database or network system.(Exceed, Pathways and Charity Track)
• Maintain the center’s computer databases. Including Charity Track and Pathways for clients and Excel, Exceed files for volunteers and donors.
• Audits client documentation for accuracy, authenticity and completeness
Scope of Responsibility:
Person in this position is responsible for:
• The day-to-day operation of the reception area
• Gathering and upkeep of all client data / information
• Quality control of client data / information
Fully understands CAC mission.
Knows formal and informal agency goals, objectives, standards, policies and procedures.
Is clear about department objectives and personal objectives.
Thoroughly familiar with all aspects of programs offered at the center and their eligibility criteria.
Sensitive to the interrelationship of both people and functions within the agency.
• Ability to remain calm under stressful conditions and pressures.
• Ability to maintain records timely and accurately.
• Good decision making, IT and communication skills.
• Encouraging and motivating people; sporting a responsible attitude.
• Having interest to help and work with customers.
• Sound practical judgment of work priorities.
• Great people person
• Great customer service skills
• Working knowledge of the MS-Office suite
• Computer skills with configuration and troubleshooting experience
• Understanding of network architecture and function
• Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Required: High School Diploma
o College degree or equivalent work experience.
o Bilingual in Spanish
Demonstrate professionalism at all times, including appreciating and supporting those you work with, showing respect to all CAC participants, demonstrating high ethical and moral standards, and acting with honesty and fairness in all of your dealings with others.
Approach your work with an attitude of continuous improvement. This involves continually examining processes to discover and eliminate problems in order to improve participant satisfaction and to enhance program effectiveness.
This is a Full Time position (open to job sharing)-Monday through Friday and Saturday Schedule to be determined.
Compensation: Hourly wage commensurate with experience.
Application Deadline: 3/1/2018
Application Procedure: Submit resume, cover letter including salary interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CAC is an equal opportunity employer.