Job Opening for Food Pantry Coordinator
CAC is seeking a culturally competent full-time Food Pantry Coordinator who is committed to social justice principles. The Food Pantry Coordinator will join our team of dedicated professionals, oversee the daily operations of the CAC Food Pantry, including but not limited to supervision and coordination of the food pantry volunteers.
We are looking for a team player, someone who works well with others, has a strong work ethic, strong people skills, is detail oriented, flexible and is a forward and creative thinker. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who has a heart to serve those in our community and to provide care, compassion and concern for people in need and must be committed to treating all community members with respect.
Under the direction of the Program Director, the Food Pantry Coordinator oversees the operations of the Food Pantry, including but not limited to supervision and coordination of Food Pantry volunteers, purchasing and restocking of pantry items, coordination of food delivery and distribution programs, keeping accurate records, monthly statistics and reporting as required.
Applicants should have: Relevant professional or volunteer experience, an ability to work and communicate effectively in a collaborative environment, understanding of food justice issues, warehouse and inventory procedures, as well as experience and competence working in diverse ethnic communities and with groups of diverse socioeconomic backgrounds.
CAC provides food, free of charge, to families and individuals in need. We serve 70 to 100 households each day and the needs are growing. Each month, the pantry gives out over 50,000 pounds of food.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain the food pantry inventory in compliance with safe food guidelines,
• Maintain all temperature logs
• Maintain a consistent volunteer team through recruitment, training, support and counsel
• Train and provide daily supervision of pantry volunteers, interns and work study students
• Maintain databases
• Manage the monthly food logistics calendar
• Create and submit monthly reports and statistics
• Oversee food sourcing and ordering,
• Track and acknowledge (write thank you notes to) food donors
• Plan and coordinate community food drives
• Maintain wish list for food drives as they occur throughout the year.
• Order and be available to pick up food items from the Atlanta Food Bank as needed.
• Obtain food items not in stock.
• Keep track of items purchased and insure that they are purchased within the food pantry’s monthly budget.
• Organize food delivery and pickup through volunteers and businesses,
• Coordinate food donation pick ups
• Assist with food deliveries
• Coordinate organization of donated food items, inventory, and incorporate into stock.
• Coordinate food delivery and distribution programs (including daily pantry distribution, weekly satellite pantries, Holiday boxes, and kids summer lunch program )
• Support Program Department to identify ways to increase efficiency, and fully utilize the food items ordered or donated.
• Work with facility maintenance staff to keep the food pantry, kitchen and refrigerators clean and organized.
• Monitor/track the quality and expiration date of food stored in the food pantry.
• Work with all staff/volunteers to support good food management and cost efficiency.
• Attend trainings as needed.
• Develop and maintain relationships in a professional manner with local corporate food donors, churches and nonprofit agencies.
• Drive truck as needed
• Responsible for the monitoring and coordinating of all food pantry vehicle and equipment maintenance,
• Coordinate seasonal food programs
• Attend weekly staff meetings and team meetings
• Represent CAC at some local coalitions, including those organized by the Food Bank
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree with prior experience in human services
• Two years of supervisory experience.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and administrative skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite software.
• The ability to lift up to 50 pounds is essential
• Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) speaking ability is a plus.
• A valid driver’s license, safe driving record and access to a reliable vehicle with coverage that meets program requirements for travel is essential.
• Customer relations, good communication and public relation skills
• Negotiation and organizational skills
• Ability to lead in a team environment to accomplish organizational goals.
• Self-motivated with well-developed time management skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Possess and utilize volunteer management skills.
• Strong appreciation for CAC’s mission and values and a strong commitment to ensuring the fair and equitable distribution of goods.
Demonstrate professionalism at all times, including appreciating and supporting those you work with, showing respect to all CAC participants, demonstrating high ethical and moral standards, and acting with honesty and fairness in all of your dealings with others.
Approach your work with an attitude of continuous improvement. This involves continually examining processes to discover and eliminate problems in order to improve participant satisfaction and to enhance program effectiveness.
This is a Full Time position ( job sharing option) -Monday through Friday and Saturday Schedule to be determined.
The working conditions for this position do require both indoor and outdoor environments. This includes driving and offloading trucks, working with refrigerators and freezers, lifting and moving heavy boxes, and also using the manual pallet jack.
Compensation: Hourly wage commensurate with experience.
Application Deadline: 3/1/2018
Application Procedure: Submit resume, cover letter including salary interest to: email@example.com
CAC is an equal opportunity employer.