Job Opening for Thrift Store Assistant Manager/Volunteer Coordinator
CAC is seeking a full-time Thrift Store Assistant Manager and Volunteer Coordinator who is committed to social justice principles. The Assistant Manager will join our team of dedicated professionals and with the Thrift Store Manager oversee the daily operations of the CAC Boutique thrift store as well as recruitment, training and engagement of CAC volunteers.
We are looking for a team player, someone who works well with others, has a strong work ethic, strong people skills, is detail oriented, flexible and is a forward and creative thinker. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who has a heart to serve those in our community and show care, compassion and concern for people in need and must be committed to treating all community members with respect.
Applicants should have relevant professional or volunteer experience, an ability to work and communicate effectively in a collaborative environment, work effectively with managers, co-workers, members of the public and professional groups. Consistently demonstrate positive/proactive customer service attitude. Consistently maintains ethical behaviors exemplary of quality public service and fair standards, inclusively, among all employees and members of the public as well as experience and competence working in diverse ethnic communities and with groups of diverse socioeconomic backgrounds.
CAC was founded in 1987 to respond to requests for emergency assistance from neighbors in need with a mission to bring together the Sandy Springs and Dunwoody communities to provide compassionate assistance for neighbors in need by providing financial support, helping to meet basic needs and promoting self-reliance.
Thrift Store Assistant Manager
The Thrift Store Assistant Manager provides leadership and direction to thrift store volunteers and works in conjunction with the Thrift Store Manager to provide outstanding customer service to our donors and partners as well as the best shopping experience for our shoppers. Passion for retail and home design and the ability to connect with people
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Greet donors and partners and ensure that all donations are received and acknowledged daily.
- Coach and support thrift store volunteers
- Train volunteers for the sales floor and receiving/sorting donations
- Communicate CAC’s vision, goals and strategies to all volunteers
- Plan and maximize floor presentation and square footage productivity utilizing effective visual merchandising techniques.
- Maintain and monitor store inventory
- Ensure that the store is clean, safe and presentable for customers
- Greet and assist customers as necessary
- Publish weekly electronic flyer highlighting sales, new items, etc.
- Process sales when necessary
- Open and/or close cash register
The Volunteer Coordinator serves as CAC’s human resource coordinator, recruiting and securing volunteer labor in all departments of the organization. The volunteer coordinator plans, organizes and implements the volunteer program to serve the needs and opportunities of CAC. The Volunteer Coordinator also provides leadership and direction to volunteer groups, serves as an ambassador to the community at large and promotes outreach in the Sandy Springs and Dunwoody area.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- develops and executes the volunteer staffing plan ensuring daily operational effectiveness based on agency goals and objectives
- develops a budget to support the plan
- develops/maintains volunteer program materials (policies and procedures, applications, volunteer agreements, orientation handbooks etc.
- maintains volunteer database including all contact information, projects, and hours contributed tracks results through standardized record keeping practices
- maintains volunteer files on each volunteer ensuring documentation of screening practices
Volunteer Job Design
- consults with staff and volunteers in the organization
- assesses organizational needs for regular or seasonal volunteers, summer interns and group volunteers
- develops volunteer roles and assignments to meet assessed needs
- identifies knowledge, skills, abilities and motivations required to fulfill the volunteer role
- assesses potential risks for positions and addresses with appropriate level of screening protocol and by identifying training needs
- recruit’s volunteers for specific roles and assignments through internal and external strategies
- develops community partnerships and collaborations
Matching and Placement
- screens applicants
- matches prospective volunteers with available opportunities or may create new opportunities to meet organizational needs
- orients volunteers to the organization
- arranges for volunteer orientation and training for their specific role supervision and monitoring
- ensures that volunteers have adequate supervision to fulfill their assignments/roles
- monitors volunteer, staff and client satisfaction
- resolves volunteer and staff concerns
- ensures that volunteers receive feedback in their performance
- conducts program evaluations with a view to improving the volunteer program
- Recruits, organizes and coordinates groups for special projects
- responds promptly to requests
- coordinates scheduling
- sets up and coordinates volunteer meetings
- creates monthly Volunteer Newsletter for electronic distribution
- coordinates volunteer needs for special events with Development Department
- Partners with other organizations and businesses for volunteer projects
- recognizes volunteers and staff through both formal and informal means
- plans and organizes yearly volunteer recognition luncheon
- develops a climate of readiness for volunteers
- provides guidance, training and support to staff working with volunteers
- attends staff meetings
- partners with communications and development colleagues on outreach and fundraising activities
- performs other duties as assigned
- College degree
- Three years of related experience required. Additional education may be substituted for years of work experience and vice-versa
- Demonstrated competence and experience in Volunteer Coordination/Retail
- Demonstrated leadership
- Ability to work various shifts as required including weekends, evenings, holidays as needed
- Ability to motivate wide range of individuals including sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated negotiation, human relations skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office; will receive training in Exceed and others as needed; ability to use and manage databases.
- Ability to supervise volunteers
- High energy level, comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities
- Superior interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with diverse personalities always displaying tact, maturity and flexibility.
- Good reasoning abilities and sound judgment.
- Willingness to be flexible
Hours: Full Time/40 hrs./wk. qualifies for vacation, sick & holiday pay
Compensation: Hourly wage commensurate with experience.
Application Deadline: 7/11/2018
Application Procedure: Submit resume, cover letter including salary interest to: email@example.com
CAC is an equal opportunity employer.