Client Rights & Responsibilities
CAC Clients Have the Right to:
- Receive professional, courteous, and caring assistance that respects and appreciates differences related to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, personal values, age, disability, and economic or veteran status.
- Fair Treatment
You have the right to expect us to apply eligibility criteria fairly and impartially.
- Courtesy and Consideration
Clients have the right to be treated with courtesy, respect, and consideration.
- Privacy and Confidentiality
You have the right to expect that your personal and financial information is protected against unauthorized use or disclosure. We do not release information without your written permission, except upon court order, as required by law (as in the case of certain communicable diseases and reports of child abuse), or as required, in our judgment, to protect you or others from physical danger.
You have the right to get complete, accurate, and clear information about your rights, entitlements, and obligations you need to participate in decisions about your care, and to give consent before any information or referrals are completed.
You have the right to every service you are eligible for
- Formal Review
If you believe you have not received fair treatment or inadequate services, you have the right to appeal your case. If you feel your rights have not been respected, we encourage you to speak with a supervisor.
CAC Client Responsibilities:
- To provide accurate and complete information about your current situation and provide documentation.
- To ask questions to make sure you understand the services you will receive and any instructions.
- To follow through on pending documentation to obtain services.
- To keep your appointment, or change or cancel it in a timely manner, to allow others in need to have access to services.
- To use services wisely, be aware of costs of services and not waste resources.
- To be respectful of others, including staff, volunteers and clients.
- To communicate with volunteers or a staff member if you have concerns or suggestions about the care you receive here, so we can work together to provide you with the best possible service in the future.