Taxes Prepared for Free at CAC
Seeking Volunteers, Training Available
As part of CAC’s mission to strengthen families in our community, CAC offers free tax return preparation and filing to moderate-to-low income households. Last year CAC helped almost 500 tax filers receive more than $600,000 in credits and refunds. For moderate-to-low income earners, refunds can be a big benefit for their household budget.
The service is available to any household in the Atlanta area earning up to $55,000 in 2018. Meet with our team of trained and certified volunteer tax preparers available through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, an initiative of the IRS and the United Way. CAC is one of many VITA sites in metro Atlanta. VITA volunteers ensure the use of all eligible tax credits for maximum refunds and proper filing with Uncle Sam!
Appointments are required and available Jan. 28 – April 15, 2019
Mondays and Wednesday, 4 p.m.-.8 p.m.
Saturdays, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
For an appointment please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (770) 552-4889 ext 233.
Become a VITA Volunteer! Join CAC’s VITA volunteer team. Free training is available online.
Contact Carlos at email@example.com.
What to Bring to Your VITA Appointment:
- Proof of Identification (Photo ID)
- SSN or ITIN for yourself, your spouse and any dependents (original cards)
- All W-2s, 1098-Ts, 1099s (1099-MISC, 1099-INT, etc.), and Unemployment or Social Security Benefits
- Bank accounting and routing information if you’d like to do direct deposit/withdrawal
- Copy of last year’s tax return
- If you are filing a joint return, both spouses must be present to sign the tax forms
- If you pay for child dependent care, EIN or SSN of care provider you are paying
- Total education expenses (books, laptops, etc.)
- Total business expenses if you are an independent contractor