Volunteer at CAC and Help Your Neighbors in Need
Looking for a way to help others in our community? Join the hundreds of volunteers who help our neighbors in need at CAC!
CAC has more than 350 volunteers who give time on a regular basis such as once a week. In 2018 more than 1,700 volunteers as part of groups from businesses, congregations, civic organizations etc. gave service hours to CAC. Our volunteers assist more than 2,200 households a year, touching more than 5,400 lives a year.
Become a CAC volunteer and give your time in one of many areas throughout the Center such as the food pantry, CAC Boutique, reception desk or as a client interviewer or adult education teacher.
CAC has these immediate volunteer needs:
- client interviewers
- donation sorters for the thrift shop
- reception desk
- data entry
- food donation pick up drivers
- thrift shop/food pantry greeter
- adult education teachers
- CAC satellite location volunteers (receptionist, client interviewers and shuttle drivers) on Tuesday and Thursdays
- VITA tax preparer. Training is free and done online. Contact Carlos at firstname.lastname@example.org
Days and times are flexible! Volunteers would ideally be able to work weekdays, regular day time shifts of 4 hours such as once a week. Groups are also welcome. Bring your church, school or other group for a service day project. Contact Nolan at email@example.com.