Volunteer at CAC and Help Your Neighbors in Need
Looking for a way to help others in our community? Join the hundreds of volunteers who help our neighbors in need at CAC!
CAC has more than 350 volunteers who give time on a regular basis such as once a week. In 2018 more than 1,700 volunteers as part of groups from businesses, congregations, civic organizations etc. gave service hours to CAC. Our volunteers assist more than 2,500 households a year, touching more than 5,600 lives a year.
Become a CAC volunteer and work with clients directly or give your time behind the scenes. Volunteers work in many areas throughout the Center such as the food pantry, CAC Upscale Thrift Shop, reception desk or as a client interviewer or adult education teacher.
CAC has these immediate volunteer needs:
- adult education ESOL teachers
- client interviewers
- phone screeners/follow up calls to clients
- donation sorters for the thrift shop
- reception desk
- data entry
- food donation pick up drivers
- thrift shop/food pantry greeter
- CAC satellite location volunteers (receptionist, client interviewers and shuttle drivers) on Tuesday and Thursdays
- VITA tax preparer (January – April) Training is free and done online. Contact Carlos at email@example.com
Days and times are flexible! Volunteers would ideally be able to work weekdays, regular day time shifts of 4 hours such as once a week. Groups are also welcome. Bring your church, school or other group for a service day project. Contact Nolan at firstname.lastname@example.org.