Taxes Prepared for Free at CAC
Seeking Volunteers, Training Available
As part of CAC’s mission to strengthen families in our community, CAC offers free tax return preparation and filing to moderate-to-low income households. Last year CAC helped almost 500 tax filers receive more than $600,000 in credits and refunds. For moderate-to-low income earners, refunds can be a big benefit for their household budget.
The service is available to any household in the Atlanta area earning up to $55,000 in 2019. Meet with our team of trained and certified volunteer tax preparers available through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, an initiative of the IRS and the United Way. CAC is one of many VITA sites in metro Atlanta. VITA volunteers ensure the use of all eligible tax credits for maximum refunds and proper filing with Uncle Sam!
Appointments are required and available February – April 15
Wednesday, 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturdays, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
For an appointment please email email@example.com, or call (770) 552-4015 and leave a message, you will be called back or submit a request for assistance form.
What to Bring to Your VITA Appointment:
- Proof of Identification (Photo ID)
- SSN or ITIN for yourself, your spouse and any dependents (original cards)
- All W-2s, 1098-Ts, 1099s (1099-MISC, 1099-INT, etc.), and Unemployment or Social Security Benefits
- Bank accounting and routing information if you’d like to do direct deposit/withdrawal
- Copy of last year’s tax return
- If you are filing a joint return, both spouses must be present to sign the tax forms
- If you pay for child or dependent care, bring the name, address and tax ID (EIN) or or SSN of the care provider
- Total education expenses (books, laptops, etc.)
- Total business expenses if you are an independent contractor
Become a VITA Volunteer! Join CAC’s VITA volunteer team.
Looking for a way to help others in our community? Start the new year off by joining our tax filing assistance team! CAC is seeking volunteers for the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) tax return filing program that helps low to middle income earners file for free! VITA is a United Way/IRS, initiative and provides free training and certification! Available VITA volunteer shifts include evenings and Saturday mornings from February 1 to April 16.
VITA Volunteer Opportunities Include:
1- Tax Preparers, onsite and remote options, online training and certification is free!
2- Client Interviewers/Assistants: This person works with VITA clients to collect and scan all tax documents, upload scans, set up clients on computer video meeting with their Tax Preparer if needed.
3- Reception desk greeters/appointment schedulers.