Get Help – Eligibility
CAC provides emergency assistance to residents of Sandy Springs, Dunwoody and the part of Doraville served by Dunwoody schools.
- Food, clothing, and emergency financial assistance are available to those who qualify.
- CAC adult education classes, career services, VITA tax preparation, and SNAP/Medicaid/WIC application services are available to everyone.
Applicants seeking assistance must request an appointment by submitting a Request for Assistance Form or calling the Helpline (770) 552-4015 and leaving a message with your contact information. A member of our team will contact you to schedule an appointment.
Please bring the following documents to your appointment (these are required):
Picture ID for each adult in the household.
Birth certificate for each child in the household.
- Proof of Current Address
Copy of current apartment lease, mortgage, or utility bill for each adult in the household.
Proof of school enrollment for each child in the household may be requested for Tools for School, Coats for Kids, and Holiday programs.
- Proof/Declaration of Income
May be proven by a pay stub, IRS tax documentation, SNAP/food stamp letter, Medicaid letter, WIC letter, or Free/Reduced Meals letter.
Applicants seeking Emergency Financial Assistance must provide all of the above, plus the following:
- Proof of Loss of Income or Financial Need
Job separation notice and pay stubs, medical bills, payment receipts, etc.
Client’s name must appear on the bill being submitted for documentation.
- Financial Assistance will ONLY be considered for clients who have not already received financial assistance from CAC in the previous twelve months.
- People who already received financial assistance from CAC in the previous twelve months are encouraged to contact United Way for other assistance options: call 211 or visit the United Way website at http://211online.unitedwayatlanta.org/.
- Catastrophic situations will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.